Sunday, March 11, 2012

Exploration 6

Part One:
Gelareh Asayseh, the author of "Shrouded in Contradiction," is conflicted because of the differing cultures of her home country Iran and America, where she lives now. When she visits Iran, she is forced to wear her hijab (Islamic covering). She hates that she has to wear it, but sometimes she also values the culture of her home country. She has a love/hate relationship with her culture. From my own experience, I have a love/hate relationship with college. I hate how much work and time studying that has to be put in or having to take some general education courses that just aren't interesting. But I love how with each of these classes that I take, I get closer and closer to studying what I'm interested in and getting out of college and into the job I want.

Part Two:
The passage about Aung San Suu Kyi was really interesting. The personal sacrifices she made in being under house arrest for sixteen years instead of taking the option to leave politics and the country if she was reunited with her family. She chose to stay and in order to continue her work to free Burma.

No comments:

Post a Comment