Sunday, March 11, 2012

Never Forget, You're Never Forgot

Never Forget, You’re Never Forgot

It has been thirteen years now since you have passed,
These past few years have gone by fast.
I miss your smiles and all your hugs
Wishing that I had someone to bug.
You stayed with me through thick and thin
Even when it appeared I wouldn’t win.
Every day I sit and wonder what it would be like
To have you be the one to teach me how to ride a bike.
Basketball games were never the same
Without you sitting there yelling my name.
The more time that goes by, the harder it is to remember
But I know that everyone is here to help me.
Grandma and Grandpa still send their love
And I know you sit and listen to me from way up above.
You come in my dreams, but I have never said good bye
Because I know you are the one who is teaching me how to fly
I’m trying to be everything that you want,
Just never forget, you’re never forgot.
-Laura Katherine Neff

No comments:

Post a Comment