Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ain't Scared of Your Jails

After watching the film Ain’t Scared of Your Jails it showed me the problems that African Americans had to face. It had tons of information about what happened during segregated. Everything was segregated, which is still shocking to me. What hit me the most about this film was the strength and determination that they had. They stood up for what they believed and more importantly they stood up for themselves. I couldn’t believe that the mayor Ben West let all of this happen. He shouldn’t have allowed that. It’s sad that this was a normal thing and it was okay with some people, it’s disgusting. It meant a lot to me when at the beginning the white child said “Well, it's just not the things we're used to down here. I mean, they come in and they sit down and we're not used to them sitting down beside us, because I wasn't raised with them, I never have lived with them and I'm not going to start now.” It’s really shocking to hear a child say these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment