Monday, February 27, 2012

On Washing hands

I really liked this essay the most. I love how it goes through all the procedures about sanitation and organization in a hospital. It stood out most to me me most when it talks about all the steps one most go through to sanitize and wash your hands when you work in the medical field. These steps are to prevent bacteria and disease from spreading. The quote I liked the most was in paragraph 12
     "I checked with her one day not long ago and 63 of our 700 hospital patients were colonized or infected with MRSA ( the shorthand for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and another 22 had acquired VRE ( vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus) unfortunately , typical rates of infection for American hospitals. This shows just had bad it can get if you don't sanitize or wash your hands at a hospital.

For me, sometimes I find it really hard to change my time management when it comes to getting stuff done, whether it be school related, work related etc. I know I need to change my habits and get things done, it is just the matter of doing them. Most of the time I put it off and I decide to choose to hangout with friends instead of doing important tasks. The one way i guess I could change was try and sort out my priorities and do whats more important first, such as doing homework, cleaning up , etc. and doing what is least important last.
    I know at times it can be hard for people to change how they do things, because they have done things a certain way for so long, that it is hard for them to do it another way, that they aren't sure on how to go about changing the way they do things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment