Monday, February 27, 2012

Change of Habit


The writing most stood out to me in the essay "On Washing Hands," in paragraph 19 and 21. In these paragraphs, the writing realizes how important it is for him to take the time and wash his hands as much as possible, because one of his own patients had gotten two infections. He says, "Until that moment...it had not occurred to me that I might have given him that infection," and because it had never occurred to him, his carelessness could have affected many people that he was unaware of. This most stood out most because there are thousands of doctors in the world, and millions of patients every year, a lot of room for carelessness to take it's toll
Changing habits is so hard for humans in my opinion because as a species, we don't like change. Routine is routine and it's easier to go with the flow than to do a complete turn around in the actions we take. The best way a person can change is with the help of people close to them. The best example I can come up with from my life is everytime I try and get myself to commit to workout at least 5 times a week. I never end up sticking to my schedule, and use homework and work as an excuse. My sister is the exact same way. But when we decided enough was enough, we signed up for a class called Zumba together, and made it everyday. Not changing our habits alone made it easier to transition into a better lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment