Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blog 1

     My name is Miranda Ostrander. I am a freshman this year and I am currently majoring in pre-business. I'm interested in studying accounting. In my free time I enjoy many things. I love to read most any kind of books. Right at the moment, I'm reading a series of books called The House of Night. Its fiction and mystery which keeps my attention. I also love to hang out with my friends and boyfriend of 4 years, Christopher. I'm currently 5 months pregnant and am trying to plan my baby shower and get things ready for the baby to come.
     The essay that interested me the most was Resurrection, by Frederick Douglass. It interested me most because I felt his pain and struggle as a slave from the reading. The thing that struck me about his life was the fight that came between him and Mr. Covey. It struck me because after all the things he had been through and all the things that Mr. Covey had done to him, he some how found the strength inside him to fight. He regained his feeling of self-confidence  and inspired him to with a determination to be free. After reading this, I felt great pride for Frederick and no longer any pain.

2 comments:

  1. Miranda, thanks for your intro and please take care of yourself this quarter as you have a lot on your plate. You need to stay very healthy for your baby and we'll do all we can to help you keep up in this class!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. House of Night is awesome!!!!! I love that series! I can't wait for the next book to come out.

      Delete