Monday, January 9, 2012

Ed Beil's Introduction

Hello all, I am Ed Beil. Currently I reside in Marysville, Ohio. My major is general business here at OSU Marion. I am hoping to obtain my bachelor's degree from the Marion campus and then transfer the the main campus for my master's degree and by then I hope to dual major in Economics. For about 5 years now I have been employed with McDonald's in Marysville near Mill Valley. I have worked my way up from crew member to First Assistant Store Manager. One day I hope to be working either as a supervisor or possibly owning my own franchise. For years now I have always wanted to be a business person. My father works for The Ohio State University as an internal audit and for some reason that has always intrigued me. During my free time, the little that I have, often times you will find me on the computer or watching television. I think the essay that most interested me today was Frederick Douglass's Resurrection. I found that this was really nicely written and really held my attention. He did a great job in describing the scenes and overall I would give him a 10 out of 10 for this essay. I think what really struck me most about Douglass was his die hard struggle to gain freedom and write about his experiences. It is amazing that someone could want something so badly that they would die for it.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ed. I agree with you about the Douglass essay. His scenes were very descriptive and his willingness to die for freedom truly was memorable. I think if he still were alive he would be very appreciative that you rated his essay 10 out of 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ed, I agree that the essay "Resurrection" was nicely written. It is amazing how he learned good English to write his book, not just slave slang language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ed,I agree that "Resurrection" was very well written and I was impressed that Douglass was able to teach himself to read and write at that level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ed,
    I just wanted to say "wow" for the accomplishments you have made being so young and all.It really sounds like you have your life planned out. Also, I was interested in the same essay for mostly the same reasons. But you made a great point that for someone to overcome the struggles he did and to want something so badly that he would die for it.
    Miranda Ostrander

    ReplyDelete