Monday, January 9, 2012

Kristina Intro!

Hi I am Kristina Johnson and I am majoring in Occupational Therapy. In my free time I am very busy. I played varsity volleyball for OSUM this past fall quarter. I work a part time job at Sunny Street Cafe in Dublin OH. I enjoy coaching the KBVBC 17 American Volleyball Club team, and get to travel all around the east coast again this spring. I have been a gymnast since I was 6 years old and I am currently competing for a position on the United States Junior Olympic Gymnastics Team. I hope to become a member by this upcoming summer. My biggest dream would then be to make it to the Olympic team team and compete with my cousin, Shawn Johnson.
The reading done before class today mostly interested me because both stories were about self determination. I like reading stories about this because they can motivate me to become closer to my own goals in life. what struck me most about this person's life was how "free" he was to leave the farm he was working on. He was a slave and when I think about slaves, I would never have guessed that they could just walk off the land, without being chased.

3 comments:

  1. My girlfriend is also majoring in Occupational Therapy and it seems really interesting. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you are so passionate about gymnastics! I wish you all the best of luck in competing!

    ReplyDelete