Monday, January 9, 2012

Sydney Piecha

My name is Sydney Piecha, and I am currently undecided in my major. In my free time, I like to stay active and hang out with my friends. The essay that intrigued me the most was the passage from The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave. Douglass allows the reader to visualize life as a slave through his perspective. Douglass's strive to overcome the power of slavery, and his fight to freedom struck me most about his life. His accomplishments are simply astonishing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sydney! If you are undecided you should really go see Will Smith in career services because he really helped me decided what major I wanted and I have felt so confident in all my class choices since then. I liked this passage too for similar reasons. The descriptions were extremely vivid and he was such a brave man. Hope you have a great rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete