Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Favorite Story in TTTC

My favorite part of The Things They Carried so far is Sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong. It was a really good story and I could visualize everything perfectly. I thought it was really sweet how Mark Fossie misssed his girl so much he flew her all the way from the states to Vietnam. Her transition from civilian to feral girl was quite fast and she took to the jungle with amazing finesse. This part really hooked me on the book and I finished it last night because I couldn't seem to put it down. Definitely one of the best books I have ever read.

2 comments:

  1. This story chapter was intriguing. I think the visual details of this chapter are very good and it makes the girl even more secretive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my favorite chapter to and I liked how the whole time you really thought she was there and it was only in the end that you really it wasn;t true. I liked that it depicted that anyone could be involved in the war effort if you were willing to learn the trades and the tricks. Fastest chapter I read and the detail and characterization were astounding because I could visualize everything that was happening as if I were really there. I really enjoyed this war story.

    ReplyDelete